St. Bernards Emergency Department Jonesboro, Arkansas
St. Bernards Emergency Department
St. Bernards Emergency Department is a 25-bed emergency center that provides around-the-clock comprehensive treatment ranging from minor medical emergencies to stabilization of major trauma. St. Bernards is staffed with Emergency Physicians, RNs, LPNs, ER Techs and Unit Secretaries. An on-call list of specialty physicians is maintained to assist in treatment and diagnosis of emergency situations.
Location of the Emergency Center and Facilities
- Located on the northwest corner of the medical center property with primary access off Jackson Street.
- Contains 20 treatment rooms with 25 beds.
- Six rooms designated for stabilization of major trauma and cardiac patients.
- Three beds for orthopedic patients.
- Two beds for the gynecology patient.
- One room equipped for ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat).
Focus of the complex
- The entire complex is crisis-oriented and geared toward cardiac patients, stabilization of trauma patients, children and all other phases of emergency service.
Use of Your Personal Physician
- Any patient may request that his or her own doctor be called when an emergency arises.
- When a patient's personal physician is not available, at the patient's request, or if the situation dictates, care is rendered by St. Bernards Medical Center's hospital-based physicians and copies of the reports will be forwarded to the patient's primary physicians.
Chest Pain Center
St. Bernards Chest Pain Center (within the Emergency Room) is open 24 hours a day offering immediate care for patients experiencing chest pain. The unit houses six available beds and our staff is specially trained to handle this type of emergency. A cardiologist is on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Express Care is an eight-bed area dedicated to non-urgent patients open seven days a week from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. Starting at triage inside the emergency room, trained nurses determine what level of care is needed by incoming patients.